Wednesday, January 6, 2010

HAPPY 2010!

Happy New Year! I am back! I took a little vacation to rest my fingers from the keyboard. Ha Ha! I am just kidding- I am lazy.
It seemed that 2009 ended with a bang. A big one. You may have heard it. I had an accident at work, and have since spent almost everyday in bed. Do you wanna hear about the big accident?
It was the day after Christmas. I was at work and had a five minute break in the breakroom next to the kitchen. I got up to head back to the lobby to get back to work, and then, it happened---I hit the floor! I fell right on my backside! I hit some water, and tried to water ski, but I did a scooby-doo type of run in place, and then hit the ground right on my tailbone. It all happened in slow motion. I swear, from the time I hit the slippery floor to the time I hit the actual ground, 30 minutes went by. When I hit the floor, I just sat there like a big baby that just missed his first step. I had a kitchen full of people run to my aid. Panic ensued.  People heard the crash throughout the place. Wine glasses hit the floor. Debris fell from the ceiling. Young mothers clutched their little ones, and hid under the table. People were screaming. It looked like a scene from "The Towering Inferno." Okay, maybe it wasn't bad. I may be exaggerating a little, but it was bad.
I walked away (slowly) with only an injured back. I have since laid low. Baby Huey, here, has been in bed. What a way to end the year with a bang, and start the new one with pain!
I am getting along fine, just resting. To prevent this from happening again, I would wear water-skis to work-- but have you seen my feet? I already do...
I sincerely hope that this year is great for everyone, and it it full of laughter! Stay tuned and it will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment