Wednesday, January 6, 2010

THIS POST IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE LETTER P...


Good morning! It is January 6, 2009, and I have a funny little news story. First, I want to tell you how polarizing Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House, is to me. She is a very strong, bold-faced woman. (Thank you, botox!) She is the first woman ever to be Speaker of the House. She is a democrat. Not that there is anything wrong with that. She is just polarizing to me. Look at that face!

Heathcare is a hot-button, hot-topic, hot-under-the-collar, issue in America. Folks on Capital Hill have been debating it, and think they have come to an agreement. (Sure!) Pelosi and friends have been having several "close-door" meetings and negotiations. (hmmm....) When Speaker of the House Pelosi came out of her chambers, (she did not see her shadow, that is next month....) a throng of press awaited her. One reporter reminded the Democrat that in 2008 then-candidate Obama said that all such negotiations be open to C-SPAN cameras.

“There are a number of things he was for on the campaign trail,” quipped Pelosi, who has no intentions of making the meetings public.  (She really zinged him, didn't she?)

Is she mud-slinging? I think this is evidence that not everyone is getting along in Washington. Last year around this time, I remember President Obama's "non-state-of-the-union-state-of-the-union-address" where everyone applauded him after every phrase, and it was a downright love-fest. It was sweet and sappy, and was like watching Disney take over Washington.  It seems that times have changed.

This story is brought to you by the letter P. Here is what I mean...

So let's see, Pelosi is picking on the president in the press and presently keeping purposed proceedings on healthcare from the public. Petty. Proof of pure patriotism in politics.
(wow, all that set up for that joke, and it wasn't even that funny....)

My hope is that people that we have elected don't act like children and work for the common good.

2 comments:

  1. Way to keep up with politics little brother! I am impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright...I thought it was quite funny! I'm still laughing about it!

    ReplyDelete