Tuesday, November 23, 2010

LIVE FROM NY- IT'S COOKIE MONSTER!!!!

Okay. Wrap your head around this, kids. Remember way back, a long time ago when there was a Facebook campaign to get our beloved Betty White to host the iconic SNL? And it worked? She went on to host the show to it's highest rating in a long time,  schooled any host that has came along after her, and even got an Emmy for it back in September. With this campaign working, people's voices were heard on an iconic show, accolades were given, and Betty White is now WHITE HOT. She is Hollywood's it girl. Enter Cookie Monster.

I saw this in a message I got today, and I can't tell if this is parody of the Betty White FB campaign, or if Cookie and our friends at Sesame are legit, but he wants to host SNL. He even made a video showing us what a  show would look like with him as our Master of Ceremonies......



Very funny video. Cookie Gaga? Brilliant! Perfect Parody. But is it? Does he really want to start a Facebook campaign bombarding studio 8H? I don't know. In my opinion, this is a bad idea. I know you are shocked to hear that. I don't think every Tom, Dick, and Cookie needs to try to host the show after Betty's fan-led campaign. I also think the there is a whole heap of problems that would come to the writers. Cookie is a very two-dimensional character. A whole hour of him doing sketch comedy may be a train wreck. But, I think a cameo would be fantastic.

The best Muppet to host SNL, is the emcee that has the most experience, and I am sure would bring a pig, bear, and whatever with him: Kermit! But, how much fun is all of this? Who ever came up with the idea of Cookie auditioning for SNL should know that they are kinda brilliant!






If you want to see Cookie host SNL click HERE and like his Facebook page to get his campaign goin'!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment