Saturday, October 23, 2010

I'M FALLING FOR AUTUMN

As the leaves turn to their colors of orange, yellow, gold, red, purple-ish, or puke green, I am reminded why I love this season! I love the temperature, I love that it get darker earlier, I love halloween,  (Hello, Candy! I believe we have met.) and sometimes it even snows. It is a great time of change. It is a great time of change and growth in one's life and in the world. But I mostly love the colors of the trees. (I bet you thought I was getting all deep on you. HAHA! I am saving all those musings for "The Book.") 

I have an old friend, who is on Facebook and she posted a picture that she took of a tree, and I have been obsessed with it. It's gorgeous! It's glamourous! It's glorious! She claims she just took it, but it is so awesome, it looks like a painting. She gives all the credit to the tree. I can see her point, the tree did just have it's leaves colored. So with her permission, I give to you her photo...


...and I shall name the tree Janice. She is 45, divorced, and lost a son to a lumberjack. She was in People Magazine's 50 most Beautiful Trees 2003. She now works as shade and is looking forward to hanging a tire swing. She is hoping for hanging Christmas lights this year, and as always, looks forward to spring and the opportunity to show off her big buds. 

Thanks Kalli!


No comments:

Post a Comment