Monday, November 8, 2010

GOING BALL-ISTIC!

My nephew, Boobie, played soccer this last fall. He is five and is quite the little superstar. By superstar, I mean he is super strong, and star I mean everyone watches him. Everyone watches him tackle all the other children. Boys, girls, his team, the other team, it doesn't matter! I think he is more suited for football. Like NFL football. Forget this pee-wee league stuff. Boobie, despite his nickname, is one tough little man!

I took him to one of his games and found out that he is fond of the art of the tackle first hand by watching him. No one in the crowd knew I was his uncle and I got to listen to the horror from the other parents. He never was off the ball though! Until, he was made goalie. Then he was placed in the goalie box and he proceeded to stick his head and hands in the goal net and look the other way. Like I said, football is his thing. He was eventually thrown out of the game. (What five year old is thrown out of a soccer game!? Funny!) He sat next to me and watched his team win. He was happy. The other parents in the crowd were like angry townsfolk from a Frankenstein movie, and I think they wanted him taken out. They saw this little boy as a monster! He didn't hurt anyone! I talked with him about tackling, and once they put away their pitch forks and torches everyone was okay. No one got hurt. There was a little girl that spent more time on the grass than the ball, but I think she just tripped a lot. Gravity hated her! Like I said, no one got hurt. Little kids and sports and their parents are funny.  Parents need to chill out a little when their kids play. It wasn't the world cup, folks. Sorry to say, your kid bent nothing like Beckham.

So, before the game (massacre) started I took a pre-game interview with Boobie to get a little soccer advice and to hear what he had to say about playing for his team. It is a hoot. Like I said, no one got hurt. Maybe, my feelings, but I got over it. With therapy. Take a look. Oh, and it's subtitled. It's funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment