Tuesday, June 1, 2010

WHAT THE SHREK??

Memorial Day 2010 has came and gone, and so has started the summer movie season. I was fortunate enough yesterday to take a little time and go check out "Shrek Forever After" and "Prince of Persia." There is nothing like a good double header!

"Prince of Persia" was so boring, during the first hour, I wanted to induce myself to vomit. If I did that, at least something would happen. Then came THE SNAKES! Why didn't anyone warn me that this movie was loaded with 'em!? If I see them,  I feel like they are on me! I was freaking out, and am still not too sure I didn't have a mild heart attack. I give that movie 2 stars, and that is being kind. I am calling my friends at Disney, and going to ask for my 8 bucks and 3 hours back....

BUT the story today is about Shrek. I won't tell you much about the film, I don't want to spoil it. Let's just be safe to say there are no snakes!  Being a fourth film in a franchise is hard. People think you are washed up, or they are sick of your characters. I thought the filmmakers ended a series well and it was a good flick. I saw it in 3D which was hip. I recommend seeing it in 3D if you do see this ogre. The animation was good. The story was pretty original, and it was pretty funny, but the first 15 minutes had me laughing until I cried. CRIED!

I was laughing soooo loud and soooo long at a series of jokes, (not to spoil it, but it ends with "Gingie" loosing his frosted-on pants!) that the folks that were in the theatre began laughing at me, laughing at the movie. (I was laughing my big loud laugh that I think sounds like a cross between Santa Claus, and Ursula, the Sea Witch.) I was hysterical. To top it off, some lady yelled at me., "It wasn't THAT funny!" which, sent my giggle fit blasting into orbit! I know my pee came out a little. I was nothing short of being on the ground screaming and slapping the floor. I was crying! I was peeing! I literally thought I was going to DIE of laughter! I am sure it looked like the video of that seal that plays the horns!

The rest of the show was anti-climatic after this bit of frenzied laughing. Thanks, anonymous lady out there who yelled at me in the movie. She was so annoyed at me laughing! So what? I had a ball.
Who the Shrek cares? 


1 comment:

  1. Nice Title! I'll have to let you know what I think when I take my kids! Thanks for not spoiling it!

    ReplyDelete