Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"HEY DOC, THERE'S A HOLE IN YOUR HEADLIGHT"

Singer, Actor, TV Show Host, and Sausage Salesman, Jimmy Dean passed Sunday night at the young age of 81. I best know Jimmy for his hit song "Big Bad John" from 1961. My father played that song blasting constant while I was growing up.  Big Bad John. I get it Dad. He was Big. He was Bad. Oh, man, my father loves that song. Even today, if I spend a day with him, that song will come on in his truck. Well, he likes what he likes!

I also don't think any one can eat sausage without thinking of Mr. Dean. He was a friend to the pork industry!

But, he hosted a great show during the golden age of TV and gave a start to a little puppy named "Rowlf." They were a hoot together. Rowlf grew up and went on the "The Muppet Show" and other things; Some of their best moments have been captured on this video below. It is from a special about Jim Henson that aired on PBS a few years ago. The sketch where Rowlf is sick, and his belly button finally gives out gets me rolling on the ground every time! Enjoy, and wherever you are Mr. Dean, lots of love and appreciation, and enjoy the next part of the journey....

No comments:

Post a Comment