Tuesday, December 22, 2009

2009....WHAT WAS THE BEST AND WORST?

Every year at this time, every magazine in the world puts out a best and worst list. I thought I would jump on this bandwagon. Why not? If everybody else jumps off a bridge....
What was the best moment of 2009? Was it President Obama taking office, and Aretha Franklin wearing a hat that could have been seen from Neptune as she sang?? (It is going to the Smithsonian, by the way.) 
Was it reading Sarah Palin's book, "Going Rouge"?  (It will probably take you longer to read it than it took her to write it....) 
Was it the Muppets singing a Queen classic? (That rocked the world!)
I will say no. For me, it was Susan Boyle. That doughty, drab, middle-aged woman, who came out to sing on some british TV show and blew the whole world away. Her story is like no one else's. I do think that they ruined her look by taking away the "Bert from Sesame Street" eyebrows, the sexy I just rolled out of a gutter hair, and they made her dress in, well, a dress. They really brought her down by dressing her up. I guess that is the price of fame...


Now it is your turn. I want to hear what you think is the worst of 2009. I will post the best answers. I think Jon and Kate + hate = humiliation was a low point. Let me know what you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment